Thursday, April 28, 2011

Royal Wedding Countdown...

Yes, I'm one of those.  I admit it.  I'm getting up a little before 3:00 AM CT just so I don't miss a thing. 

Yes, I know about all the Royal marriages that have failed, but I still want to be there.  Yes, it all costs a small fortune and seems kind of ridiculous in these economic times, but I still want to be there.  I just can't help myself.

Even I was a little worried about myself today.  I went over to the storage facility where I have some dolls stored and dug through boxes until I found my Prince Charles and Princess Diana wedding dolls.  Then I went to Party City to see if they had any Royal Wedding stuff, but they didn't.  I at least wanted a British flag, but no luck.

I came home and gave the Royal couple a place of honor on the bookshelf.  I felt Prince William's mother and father should both be present and that's why I put them up.  I stored them away after the marriage failed, but it was time to dust them off and bring them out again.

I was about to take a picture when I noticed someone standing next to Prince Charles.  I knew it wasn't Camilla.




It's actually some action figure that Reid added to the scene.  Yes, my family is poking fun at my Royal Wedding obsession which seems to have gained momentum in the last 24 hours.  I actually found myself humming God Save The Queen today.

It will all be over soon.  I just hope this one takes.


8 comments:

  1. Betty....I'm up with you.... it's 3:30am...and I'm looking forward to watching the beautiful wedding.
    I'm voting this marriage will last.

    Love your dolls with the action figure ....so cute!

    Hope I can stay awake....

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just finished seeing the wedding on TV and it was beautiful. I have 2 sons and have been teased for a lot of my little quirks too. Have a lot of fun today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There was a cute article in our paper about this...and recipes so you could have a high tea in celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched the "rerun" of the wedding with my girls tonight. It was beautiful. I'm Canadian by birth, so have those British ties. Enjoyed your post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys are a riot; so is Diana's lonnng train on top of the books lol. I'm with you, I'm hope this is a happy marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you - I lvoed to watch it - it was so wonderful and I hope and pray for the newlyweds!
    They seem like a great couple!
    sandie

    ReplyDelete
  7. How do we follow you?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your Princess Diana and Prince Charles dolls, Betsy! I hope their son has better luck in marriage than they did. It was a beautiful wedding,

    Hope Reid is doing well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my little world and leave a comment. I appreciate hearing from you.

I do not receive all comments by E-mail and I'm not exactly sure why. I do try and remember to check the actual blog so I won't miss any of your comments.

I do not belong to Google+ and regret that I am unable to leave comments on Google+ blogs.

WORD VERIFICATION: I have NOT set up word verification for comments. However, every so often it appears on my blog even though I have chosen NO in the settings. Please let me know if you encounter word verification when leaving a comment so I can try and fix it. Thanks.