Sunday, April 03, 2011

Forget what I said...

I know I said we were staying at Candlewood this weekend because I wanted to avoid Final Four traffic, but we're both suffering from cabin fever and today's events weren't even at the stadium, so we headed home to visit and do laundry.


I snapped some pictures before we left and uploaded them to the computer while we were home.  Here's Reid taking it easy in our apartment's living room.  He's a little thinner than before the transplant, but is eating better now although most things still don't taste quite right to him.


I've been keeping busy in my spare time working on some projects.  I bought this little 1950's era doll on eBay for $10.50.  This is the seller's picture.


I detangled her hair, glued it back down, rolled it, and then heat set it.  Here she is today dressed for Easter and surrounded with some Easter goodies that Carolyn from Carolyn's Rock and Roll Ginnys website sent to me.  Thank you Carolyn!  If you enjoy the small vintage dolls of the 1950's (especially the Vogue Ginny doll) be sure and visit Carolyn's site.  You won't be disappointed.

I've also been working on something for the Fire Flies Doll Convention in June, but that's a secret so I can't show you any pictures.

When we got home Sophie was glad to see us, but we almost didn't recognize her.  Jim had her groomed and she was full of that awful Velcro weed.  I don't know if you have that where you live, but it first showed up in our yard a couple of years ago and it's awful.  It was all entwined in her long fur, so she's got a shorter haircut for now.  (She's actually a Schnauzer.)  Please ignore the bag of dirty laundry in the background.

And sweet Mike wanted his picture taken too!  (The coloring in this picture is a little strange and I should have fixed it.)


And since I uploaded these pictures to Blogger from home and then inserted the text afterwards some of the words are centered and some aren't.  I'm not about to try and fix it because that would probably only make things worse.

Have a good week...Betty

9 comments:

  1. It's good to see Reid not in a hospital.
    And I didn't know a doll could have its hair so beautifully rehabilitated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reid is looking good! I bet it felt good to go home and see your sweet animals for awhile.

    I can't believe the transformation on that pitiful looking doll. You made her look beautiful! It's sure good that you have these wonderful hobbies to help occupy your mind when you're away from home.

    Good week to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reid looks great! You would never know from that picture what he has been through and is going through. You and MD Anderson are taking such good care of him. Amazing buy on the doll and she looks like a valuable collectible now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice to see your son out of the hospital ... and you did an amazing job with that doll ... she is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray for Reid!

    Wow, I didn't know you could salvage dolls hair like that. I should scrounge out my Shirley Temple doll. I think she has been afflicted with the same hair disease as the doll you bought.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's good to see Reid out of the hospital room! I'm sure he is feeling much better.

    Who knew you could fix a dolls hair like that! I'm sure a few have been tossed over messy hair.... I know I'm guilty of it..... Sorry dolls... If I only knew... I won't do it again!

    I'm sure your fur kids are happy to have you home! Even just to do some laundry!

    Have a Great Day!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bet it felt good to be home and Reid looks like he's feeling better. That is a cute doll and you sure did make her look better too...lol...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad to see Reid up and around and slowly getting his strength back, Betty. I'm keeping him in my prayers.

    You did a wonderful job on fixing this doll's hair! She looks ready for Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Betty, I'm glad you had a bit of time at home. I'm way behind on your blog. The day doesn't have enough hours in it; LOL. I LOVE how you re-did the darling Ginny. The gift your friend sent is adorable! I love those tiny little cards. I need to take pictures of my poor neglected dollies. Today is actually sunny so I plan to hang laundry outside. I love spring if the sun shines! In March we had 4 days without any rain; the rest of the month was soaking wet.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my little world and leave a comment. I appreciate hearing from you.

I do not receive all comments by E-mail and I'm not exactly sure why. I do try and remember to check the actual blog so I won't miss any of your comments.

I do not belong to Google+ and regret that I am unable to leave comments on Google+ blogs.

WORD VERIFICATION: I have NOT set up word verification for comments. However, every so often it appears on my blog even though I have chosen NO in the settings. Please let me know if you encounter word verification when leaving a comment so I can try and fix it. Thanks.