Monday, April 25, 2011

Greatest invention since sliced bread...

I'm so excited.  Look at what the Easter Bunny brought...

Yes, our very own portable air conditioner.  I've wanted one of these since Hurricane Ike.  We bought a generator in 2009 and now we have the A/C to go with it.  (Don't look at the mess.  We had to move things around to get it near the window to vent.)

We've been having A/C trouble and the temperature has already been in the 90's this year.  Factor in the humidity and it can get miserable pretty quickly.  All the freon leaked out of our central air because there's a leak in the pipe that runs through the wall and up into the attic.  We had to decide if we wanted them to break through the sheetrock or just run a new pipe up the outside of the house.  We're having them do it the quickest and easiest way...the pipe on the outside.  It looks like they might get it done today.

Much to our surprise Lowe's was open yesterday, so we ran up in the afternoon and bought this portable unit.  It's enough to cool the kitchen and den.  I love it!  It works great.

These little babies will be flying off the shelves if a hurricane heads in this direction.  For once we're ready ahead of time.  The plywood is cut, the generator is on standby, and we've got our portable A/C!

Thank you Easter Bunny!


5 comments:

  1. Thankfully we don't have really bad weather here in western NC but something like that would be good when we are in Florida for the winter. Glad you were able to get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. How much are they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope there was at least one jelly bean on top of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. With our 90 degree weather in Texas and it's still April...... sounds like a very wise buy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your portable AC looks very cute. What’s nice about having one is that you can move it from one place to another. If you want to get comfortable, you can just bring it along with you to your bedroom, to your home office, or even to your living room. You don’t need to exert so much effort in moving it since it has wheels.
    Levi Eslinger @ Capital Plumbing and Heating

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my little world and leave a comment. I appreciate hearing from you.

I do not receive all comments by E-mail and I'm not exactly sure why. I do try and remember to check the actual blog so I won't miss any of your comments.

I do not belong to Google+ and regret that I am unable to leave comments on Google+ blogs.

WORD VERIFICATION: I have NOT set up word verification for comments. However, every so often it appears on my blog even though I have chosen NO in the settings. Please let me know if you encounter word verification when leaving a comment so I can try and fix it. Thanks.