Wednesday, April 06, 2011

...exhale!

It's another long day for us at the hospital.  We've been here since 11:00 this morning and right now Reid is having a 2 hour IV to help prevent something called PCP pneumonia that I guess stem cell transplant patients are more susceptible too.  This will take at least 2 hours, so it will be after 9:30 when we leave.

I can now exhale!  The scan done on Monday shows no Hodgkin's Lymphoma! 

Reid pointed out to me that we've heard that before (and I know that's true), but I'm still hopeful that the clear scans will continue.  I think we're all afraid to get too excited at this point in fear of jinxing his recovery or something. 

We've still got to see those platelets go up without transfusions if he's going to get into the next clinical trial.  This trial is to test a drug that will hopefully prevent or control Hodgkin's in people at high risk for recurrence after a stem cell transplant.  It's a double blind study which means he could get the actual drug or a placebo.  However, if he does relapse and he's not on the drug they will be able to give it to him.  At least that was my understanding when it was originally explained to us.

Anyway, I'm exhaling and enjoying the day (what's left of it).

Tomorrow we move home!  The doctor gave his OK, so we'll be out of Candlewood by noon tomorrow.

Thank you for your prayers and support...Betty

9 comments:

  1. That's wonderful news all around Betty! Have fun moving back home tomorrow!

    Hugs & Prayers!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you received some good news today. Hopefully, this is a sign that things are turning around and are going to start moving in Reid's favor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's good news! Let's keep hearing more new like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Home will be so sweet for all of you. I hope and pray Reid continues to get better and you all can breathe normally again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praise God no Hodgkin's Lymphoma. I pray it will not return and I will continue to pray for Reid to regain his strength...

    Welcome back home again!

    Thanks Betty for the sweet birthday wishes.
    Have a great weekend
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good news! I will continue to pray for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope and pray you are home. And everything for Reid 'took' just like it should have.

    sandie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful news. Lots of love xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thinking of you Betty and hoping everything is still going well and that you are home and Reid is doing well

    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my little world and leave a comment. I appreciate hearing from you.

I do not receive all comments by E-mail and I'm not exactly sure why. I do try and remember to check the actual blog so I won't miss any of your comments.

I do not belong to Google+ and regret that I am unable to leave comments on Google+ blogs.

WORD VERIFICATION: I have NOT set up word verification for comments. However, every so often it appears on my blog even though I have chosen NO in the settings. Please let me know if you encounter word verification when leaving a comment so I can try and fix it. Thanks.