Thursday, April 21, 2011

AlphaBe Thursday-The Letter "A" as in Aghhhhhhh!

Normally this is where I'd insert a picture of the Alphabe-Thursday button which I have on my hard drive, but for some reason blogger won't let me insert any pictures this morning.  I do have the actual button on my sidebar so you can click on that or use this link to go directly to a list of this week's participants.

A is for Aghhhhhhh!  That's what I said (and more) when blogger wouldn't let me upload any pictures from my hard drive this morning.

I had planned on getting a post all ready yesterday and then real life threw a curve ball and I never got the pictures taken.  So, I decided to use pictures that I already had on my hard drive.  That's when blogger threw me another curve ball.

You see, A is also for ASHLEY or ASH as we like to call him.  ASH is actually my son's cat.  He's really cute, but you'll have to take my word for it since I can't insert pictures into this post.

A is also for ARMADILLOS.  You can see a picture of Tex our backyard ARMADILLO on my sidebar.  Actually, I don't believe it's the Tex you see in that picture under our deck now since they seem to come and go.  The current ARMADILLO is probably the third one we've had under there in recent years.  I actually saw him this morning as I was feeding the cats.  He came slowly waddling up the driveway and headed for the backyard.  I guess he was coming home from a long night of scavenging for bugs, but my hands were full of cat dishes and I didn't have my camera handy.  (It wouldn't have mattered anyway since I can't upload pictures to posts today.)

I know this post is pretty lame and AWFUL.  I had planned on inserting all the pictures and then adding text later while I was on my netbook, but it isn't going to happen.  So, please accept this AWFUL post as I attempt to not miss the first day of class.

For information on Alphabe Thursday and a list of this week's participants head over to Ms. Jenny's blog.

Thanks for visiting...Betty

18 comments:

  1. I found your link in your comment on Jenny's post and came over because I figured you wouldn't have too many visitors.

    Stay strong and I don't think your post is lame at all...

    xxoo,

    RMW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm fixing your link now. I'll send you an e-mail, too! Let Reid know we are all praying for him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought your A was for all the aggravation with not knowing about the clinical trial...lol....I think you did a great post and not awful at all. Jenny will be proud you showed up for class today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello , I like it better . Please don't feel like you need to insert pics all the time in fact I found it easier to read and what you wrote said all that was needed , honestly . It was an A for Awesome post! I am sorry you are having problems with blogger though but really; your post is great !

    sometimes I have problems with pics but I am always able to post them somehow . My problem is the PNG files . They always show up black with my template so I have to change the pics from transparency to white with gimp software and it's pretty time consuming too .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny post...armadillo guests at your home on a regular basis.

    My Alphabe Thursday is at:
    http://rnsane.blogspot.com/2011/04/alphabe-thursday-is-for-awful-april-21.html#links

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed the post! and both A's were A plus in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your day sounds like mine! I'm glad it's almost over. I'm sure that tomorrow will be better!!!

    Did you know that armadillos can carry leprosy?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't think this post was Awful at all...we all have those days and ARGH is the perfect way to sum it all up

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't sweat it, you did an A1 job without the pics. Just glad you got to play.

    Cathy Kennedy, Children's Author
    The Tale of Ole Green Eyes

    Check out…
    An American Hero- Sgt Alvin C. York

    ReplyDelete
  10. This post wasn't Awful, it was Adaptive. And Amusing.

    Hey, we all need to be flexible, right? Especially dealing with Blogger!

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I liked your post and your blog!!! A is not for awful its for and A1 job! We have armadillos all around here. They dig up grass roots and all and leave behind holes and the junk they dont want. LOL O well...they are neat little critters. I don't know too many things that carry around body armor all the time. :)

    Mrs. T.
    Acorn Hollow

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous10:20 PM

    I love your post, even without the pictures. It's fascinating to read about your armadillo.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Blogger is wonderful when it works, but when it doesn't it sure is aggravating.

    Hoping and praying that all is well...
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Betty,
    My prayers are with Reid and your whole family. I hope he got the card I sent. Wishing you a Happy Easter!
    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  15. You know sometimes these things are sent to try us!
    Sorry you're having a mad day with Blogger. I recognised your son Reid, I'm sure Jenny asked for post for him? I posted from England - I hope he got my letter, I'd love to know.
    I look forward to reading more soon and to hell with Blogger when it doesn't want to play ball, just write anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the name Ash and it's rather fascinating that you have an armadillo.

    that a bad A post for alphabe-thursday. have a sweet day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've been struggling a bit with blogger lately, too. I think it is just trying to let us know who's boss..and it's definitely not me!

    I like your post!

    I'm amazed that you even linked with everything you have going on in your life right now!

    Hugs and A+

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my little world and leave a comment. I appreciate hearing from you.

I do not receive all comments by E-mail and I'm not exactly sure why. I do try and remember to check the actual blog so I won't miss any of your comments.

I do not belong to Google+ and regret that I am unable to leave comments on Google+ blogs.

WORD VERIFICATION: I have NOT set up word verification for comments. However, every so often it appears on my blog even though I have chosen NO in the settings. Please let me know if you encounter word verification when leaving a comment so I can try and fix it. Thanks.