Thursday, February 12, 2009

VALENTINE'S DAY IS COMING!

Valentine's Day is right around the corner and I thought I'd put up a picture of one of my Chatty Cathy dolls dressed for the occasion. I made this dress a few years ago. I don't have a lot of time to sew anymore and for me sewing is a chore anyway...not something that I really enjoy. Actually, I enjoy it when I finally get it done. It's just the long, drawn out process of getting something completed that I hate. :) I think my downfall is that I'm too much of a perfectionist. I'll rip out the same seam over and over again. Poor Chatty had to wait a while for this dress.




And here she is without the apron.


I thought I'd share this picture again. I normally enjoy setting up scenes with my dolls, but this past year has been hectic due to my Dad's Alzheimer's progressing. I shared this picture last year. It's the class Valentine's Day party and two of the boys have gotten into a fight over who will give GinnyFaith (sitting on the floor) a Valentine's Day card first.

See why I named my blog DayDreamn World? I sit around and daydream about doll scenes. I told you...it's my escape!

I'll be back on Valentine's Day for Pink Saturday. See you then.

2 comments:

  1. omg so cute. I remember your Ginny scene. And you are showing a Chatty, just when I am once trying to get strong enough to sell my Chattys, which I do NOT want to sell. Oh, the nostalgia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful dress. I admire people who can sew as I can't do it to save my life.
    I empathise with you regarding your Dad's Alzheimer's. My Mum had something similar so I know what you are going through.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my little world and leave a comment. I appreciate hearing from you.

I do not receive all comments by E-mail and I'm not exactly sure why. I do try and remember to check the actual blog so I won't miss any of your comments.

I do not belong to Google+ and regret that I am unable to leave comments on Google+ blogs.

WORD VERIFICATION: I have NOT set up word verification for comments. However, every so often it appears on my blog even though I have chosen NO in the settings. Please let me know if you encounter word verification when leaving a comment so I can try and fix it. Thanks.