Saturday, November 06, 2010

GIVING THANKS CHALLENGE - Day 6

Today I'm giving thanks for Ashley who keeps Reid company.  I've written about Ashley before, but he is so loyal and waits outside Reid's door for a chance to sneak in and make himself comfortable.  He thinks the recliner belongs to him!

For information on the Giving Thanks Challenge head over to Leah's blog by clicking on the Giving Thanks Challenge button on my sidebar.

Reid had his appointment with the Oncologist yesterday and we learned that the biopsy was inconclusive and he'll need another one taken from the mediastinum.  The one last Friday was taken from behind his left clavicle.  If the Interventional Radiologist feels it's safe to do he'll have the one from the mediastinum done soon.  If not, we'll have to wait two months until he's scanned again to see if it can be done then.  The Oncologist doesn't want to do a stem cell transplant without a biopsy first.  He also expressed some concern that the mediastinum looked a little suspicious and we're not exactly sure what that means.  He said everything is very slow growing which is common after a relapse, so it doesn't seem like there's a big rush.  Still, the waiting drives me crazy.  Reid is calm and realistic about the whole thing.  He says, "It is what it is."  I'm thankful for his attitude too.

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Betty, I feel terrible for you that everything is going so slowly with diagnosis/treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Betty,
    Thank you so much for your kind comments on my blog!
    I keep thinking of you and wishing you and your family only the very best.

    The reason we have so many deer that are not afraid of people is because they cannot be hunted in an area where the houses are close together, and a lot of people (which you have in NJ). Nowhere else are the deer as plentiful and unafraid.
    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad reid has a calm attitude and has Ashley to keep him company!

    I hope that a new biopsy is negative!

    {[ hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley appears to be a blessing for sure, as is Reid's attitude. Great gratitude post for the day, Betty.

    Blessings & a bit o' sunshine!
    Ruthi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my little world and leave a comment. I appreciate hearing from you.

I do not receive all comments by E-mail and I'm not exactly sure why. I do try and remember to check the actual blog so I won't miss any of your comments.

I do not belong to Google+ and regret that I am unable to leave comments on Google+ blogs.

WORD VERIFICATION: I have NOT set up word verification for comments. However, every so often it appears on my blog even though I have chosen NO in the settings. Please let me know if you encounter word verification when leaving a comment so I can try and fix it. Thanks.