Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Busy days and update...

I've been trying to get some yard work done. With all the rain lately the weeds have grown like crazy. I spent a good chunk of today mowing, edging and cleaning up the yard a little. I really need to get some bushes trimmed, and I'd love to add some mulch, but we'll see how that goes. I'm really running out of steam here.

Reid had his appointment down at MD Anderson on Monday. He first saw the Physician's Assistant and she was asking him if his shortness of breath had gotten worse, but he said it was the same. Then she mentioned that the latest scan showed scar tissue on his lungs from the radiation and that's why she was asking.  She also confirmed that the biopsy showed no malignancy which was good news.

The stem cell doctor said that they will continue to watch that lymph node and if it increases in size on the next scan they will do another biopsy and take a larger chunk. They've already scheduled him for a CT scan and a PET scan on May 29th. This will be the longest he'll have gone between scans since being diagnosed with Hodgkin's in 2009, so we're thinking that's a positive.

Meanwhile, Jim is noticing some changes and we all decided he should send an E-mail to his oncologist since his next appointment isn't for a while. We'll see what he says.

No time for Alphabe-Thursday this week. Between the yard work and trying to get my genealogy files organized I just haven't had the time. (We won't even talk about the house being a mess!)  And I made some mistakes with the Family Tree Maker program when I entered my information and I have no idea how to fix them. That's one of those things that will probably take me hours to figure out...if ever!  I'm starting to think I liked my old manila folder system from the 1980's better.  That's what I get for trying to bring my genealogy information into the modern age.








6 comments:

  1. Aw Betty! You'll figure that family tree maker program out soon! You are probably over thinking it.

    Praise the Lord for the good report about Reid!

    It's hard to believe that you are cutting grass already but it is warmer where you live. It won't be long before we have to cut grass here. Way earlier than ever really. I already have ants coming in the house! That is way early! And the flies that I seen yesterday were crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound 'busy'.

    Praise for Reid being okay.

    And I think you will figure the genealogy out too.

    And you have a lot of yard work going on there too!

    Like I said - busy girl.

    sandie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betty, breathe, relax and just "BE"...Reid and you are top priority, then yardwork, then family history...that will always be there to work on on those dreary dismal days...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those do seem positive signs for Reid. Thinking of you all, Betty. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Betty, that is good news about Reid. Hope Jim decides to send the email.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm having a hard time reading and keeping up with my blogging friends, so this morning I've been reading. Keeping Jim and Reid in my prayers..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my little world and leave a comment. I appreciate hearing from you.

I do not receive all comments by E-mail and I'm not exactly sure why. I do try and remember to check the actual blog so I won't miss any of your comments.

I do not belong to Google+ and regret that I am unable to leave comments on Google+ blogs.

WORD VERIFICATION: I have NOT set up word verification for comments. However, every so often it appears on my blog even though I have chosen NO in the settings. Please let me know if you encounter word verification when leaving a comment so I can try and fix it. Thanks.