Thursday, February 23, 2012

Is the drought ending???

I read in the newspaper that today they might declare our year long drought over.  I forget who makes the declaration, but someone in the know decides.

We've had quite a bit of rain lately.  Yesterday, I looked out in the backyard and thought I saw an animal back by the tree stump.  I thought it might be an armadillo, but they normally don't come out during the day.

Blackie came to help me investigate.
Everything is bigger in Texas.  Even ugly wild mushrooms!  (Please excuse my naughty gnome.)

Can you grow mushrooms like this where you live?

5 comments:

  1. Betty, I show your blog appear on my list today and couldn't wait to open up the pictures of the cat strolling along the path!!! It reminds me so of my Vern!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute cat and those are big mushrooms... with this wonderful rain, it looks like we're in for a gorgeous spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Those are a bunch of big mushrooms growing there! I think it's neat looking with your gnome. Makes for a magical looking scene! Here kitty kitty!

    Hugs,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. If those were edible you would make a fortune. Y'all sure do grow them big in Texas. sandie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh boy...that is one big pile of fungus..lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my little world and leave a comment. I appreciate hearing from you.

I do not receive all comments by E-mail and I'm not exactly sure why. I do try and remember to check the actual blog so I won't miss any of your comments.

I do not belong to Google+ and regret that I am unable to leave comments on Google+ blogs.

WORD VERIFICATION: I have NOT set up word verification for comments. However, every so often it appears on my blog even though I have chosen NO in the settings. Please let me know if you encounter word verification when leaving a comment so I can try and fix it. Thanks.