Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Family Update



Reid had all the usual tests and scans run last Thursday and he had his appointment with the Oncologist the next day. He remains in remission which is what we expected since he's been in remission since last December and still completed the remaining four months of chemo. He's now enjoying his chemo free days and is trying to do some walking to regain strength and stamina.

On Thursday he has a consultation with the radiologist at MD Anderson to see what she thinks about radiation. The Oncologist had told him in the past that it's possible because the mass was so large the area might be too large to radiate and he'd have to wait and see what the radiologist thought. Today, the radiologist called to say that she's also set him up with an appointment with the Proton Therapy Department too. So, we'll know more soon.

Thank you for your support and prayers.

Doesn't he look healthy? He's been bald since shortly after high school and has shaved his head for years. He found it ironic that he had to continue to shave throughout chemo. His eyebrows might have gotten a little thinner, but he still had his beard and mustache.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, Betty, he looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Reid looks great. I hope the radiologist appointment goes well.

    Praying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He looks very content, chillaxin' in the shade. I wish him continued good health news.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Reid looks wonderful! Continued prayers and thoughts for good reports!

    Thank you so much for stopping by and for your sweet comment. My hubby and I had a wonderful time up at my dad's (the 26 hour drive to my dad's from our home in Georgia to his home in Wisconsin was well worth it :o) Thank goodness though for the midway stop to sleep and visit with our kids who are all at college in Kentucky :o)

    It was straight back to work for me, so haven't had a minute to catch up really on blogging, but I want to try to reply to the wonderful comments left on my N post.

    Blessings & Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good MOrning Betty,

    Yes, Reid looks great!! I am so happy that he is REgaining some of his strength. It may take awhile, but he needs the time to let his body heal as well as his mind.

    I will continue to keep him in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my little world and leave a comment. I appreciate hearing from you.

I do not receive all comments by E-mail and I'm not exactly sure why. I do try and remember to check the actual blog so I won't miss any of your comments.

I do not belong to Google+ and regret that I am unable to leave comments on Google+ blogs.

WORD VERIFICATION: I have NOT set up word verification for comments. However, every so often it appears on my blog even though I have chosen NO in the settings. Please let me know if you encounter word verification when leaving a comment so I can try and fix it. Thanks.