Thursday, July 13, 2017

ABC Wednesday - Letter A


I thought I'd join in with ABC Wednesday this go around.  I know I'm writing this on Thursday so please forgive me.  I like to think better late than never...right?

Alligators immediately came to mind when I thought of the letter A.  I find them fascinating.  My favorite place to visit alligators in Texas is at Brazos Bend State Park.  It's about an hour from here and my son and I went hiking there 6 or 7 times this past Spring.  It's too hot now.  I think I heard them say on the news this morning that the "feel like" temperature is 109 today.  That's with the temperature and the humidity factored together.  I probably won't get back to Brazos Bend until mid to late October when it finally cools off a little.  I'm getting too old to hike in the heat.

We like to hike around the lakes and keep an eye out for alligators. They come in all sizes.  My son took these photographs.
We even spotted some babies.  I believe these were probably a couple of years old.
Thanks for letting me join your party.  I'm hoping this way I'll stay on track and post at least weekly for 26 weeks.



10 comments:

  1. Hi Betty

    Wonderful to see you entering our meme, welcome! I hope you will enjoy it as much as I do...

    Your start is wonderful, although that animal is quite scary ;-)

    Thank you for your first entry in the new home of ABC!

    Have a splendid and ♥-warming ABC-day / -week
    Melody (team abcw)
    http://melodymusic.nl/21-a/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was terrific - so tell me - you and Reid saw these on your walk? How close were they? Were you scared? I would be. sandie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful shots of alligators.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betty, there are weeks I post for ABC on a Thursday or Friday. :-) I never thought of alligators being happy guys until I looked at these photos. 109 degrees? I go crazy in the 90s!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! ~ great shots of those alligators ~ ^_^ ~ perfect post for A ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. 109 degrees? You could compete with what we normally have during summers in the Big Chili (Bangkok). Alligators are such impressive creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alligators always seem to smile ! I only know them from animal parks, sometimes they are so well hidden that you could think it is a tree trunk, lol ! Funny creatures !

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great shots! Not sure I'd want to get too close to them tho!

    ReplyDelete
  9. not late at all. you have 6 whole days!
    scary!

    ROG, ABCW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Alligators are so exotic for me. And scary... :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my little world and leave a comment. I appreciate hearing from you.

I do not receive all comments by E-mail and I'm not exactly sure why. I do try and remember to check the actual blog so I won't miss any of your comments.

I do not belong to Google+ and regret that I am unable to leave comments on Google+ blogs.

WORD VERIFICATION: I have NOT set up word verification for comments. However, every so often it appears on my blog even though I have chosen NO in the settings. Please let me know if you encounter word verification when leaving a comment so I can try and fix it. Thanks.