Tuesday, November 03, 2009

A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss...

...and so we keep plugging along leaving no stone unturned in our quest to find treatment for Reid.

Today his application for financial assistance from MD Anderson was submitted by the county clinic. Please say a prayer that his application will be considered. Meanwhile, we're still exploring all other options.

He's been very optimistic, but the last couple of days have been downers as he slowly accepts his diagnosis, limitations, and lack of a treatment plan. He had hoped his legs would have improved some by now, but I think it's still too early. He has an appointment with the neurosurgeon on Thursday to have the staples removed and we'll see what he says then.

Here are some pictures that I took on Monday, October 26th...the day he came home from the hospital.

He said he felt like a kid at the grocery store, but this is what they used to wheel him to the car. Our grocery stores have something very similar only with a shopping cart attached to the back. The dog was something Jim found at a hospital gift shop. We did have a lot of fun with him. People would walk past Reid's room and do a double take. Just about everyone that past thought we had a real dog in his room.



And here's our real dog welcoming him home! (Yikes! The house is a mess...don't look!)



Once again, thank you for your warm thoughts and prayers. Betty

1 comment:

  1. The dog does look real and so cute sticking out of the bag. Reid looks like he is being freed from the hospital. Fervent hope that treatment is on the way.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my little world and leave a comment. I appreciate hearing from you.

I do not receive all comments by E-mail and I'm not exactly sure why. I do try and remember to check the actual blog so I won't miss any of your comments.

I do not belong to Google+ and regret that I am unable to leave comments on Google+ blogs.

WORD VERIFICATION: I have NOT set up word verification for comments. However, every so often it appears on my blog even though I have chosen NO in the settings. Please let me know if you encounter word verification when leaving a comment so I can try and fix it. Thanks.