Sunday, April 19, 2009

APRIL IN TEXAS CAN ONLY MEAN ONE THING...


...drivers slamming on the brakes and pulling off the highway,






people completely ignoring no trespassing signs,




and interrupting the peace and tranquility of the locals (what must those poor cattle be thinking?),




all in their quest to get the perfect photo.



Yes, it's wildflower season in Texas and the bluebonnets were blooming along 290 on my ride back from Austin last weekend. It wasn't raining, but the sun wasn't shining either so the pictures don't really show the beauty of the day.


Soon it will all be gone until next year.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that last picture especially is just incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well dang! My husband and I just came from Austin yesterday and I didn't even see one bluebonnet! We even went to Driftwood to eat at the Salt Lick...Aaugh!!! I totally missed out and we won't even be headed back over there for a long time...bwahhhhh!

    I love your photos, the sun not shining didn't deter from the beauty of them.

    Deanna :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor cattle! But the bluebonnets are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my little world and leave a comment. I appreciate hearing from you.

I do not receive all comments by E-mail and I'm not exactly sure why. I do try and remember to check the actual blog so I won't miss any of your comments.

I do not belong to Google+ and regret that I am unable to leave comments on Google+ blogs.

WORD VERIFICATION: I have NOT set up word verification for comments. However, every so often it appears on my blog even though I have chosen NO in the settings. Please let me know if you encounter word verification when leaving a comment so I can try and fix it. Thanks.