Thursday, March 19, 2015

New Jersey Falcons Time!

I've posted this link in the past.  Every year since it began I've been following the New Jersey falcons that nest on top of a building in Jersey City.

http://www.conservewildlifenj.org/education/falconcam/

The original female must have "aged out" as a new one has appeared this year.  I believe there has been two males.  Many years back one of the males was found injured on the sidewalk and went to live in a rehab place.  A new male moved in and took up residence at that time. 

I saw the one falcon on the roof this morning.  Sometimes I just leave it running in the background while I'm online and take a look every few minutes.  The camera scans out over the Hudson River and you can see NYC too!

2 comments:

  1. Said it was 15 years running! I watch the Eagles at Berry College. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is really cool! Interesting that they keep coming back!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my little world and leave a comment. I appreciate hearing from you.

I do not receive all comments by E-mail and I'm not exactly sure why. I do try and remember to check the actual blog so I won't miss any of your comments.

I do not belong to Google+ and regret that I am unable to leave comments on Google+ blogs.

WORD VERIFICATION: I have NOT set up word verification for comments. However, every so often it appears on my blog even though I have chosen NO in the settings. Please let me know if you encounter word verification when leaving a comment so I can try and fix it. Thanks.