Monday, June 11, 2007

Busy Day...

It was a busy day. Dad had a 12:30 appointment for an ultra-sound. That meant he'd miss lunch at assisted living, so I picked him up at 11:00 and we went to one of his favorite places for lunch. There are only two places he likes...Red Lobster and Ellie's. Ellie's is a Greek place in town and they serve lamb shanks which he enjoys. So, we went to Ellie's first, then the doctor's office for the ultra-sound, the bank for cash, the mall, and finally to the gas station for gas. Most of these places involved getting Dad in and out of the car. That's become quite a production. I usually end up dropping Dad at the door and parking the car. Then I have to reverse that procedure when we're leaving. Unfortunately, the automatic door lock on the passenger side of my car doesn't work, so I have to climb into the car on the driver's side and manually unlock the passenger door. Then I have to help Dad in (or out) and fold up the walker (or do the reverse) and put it in the car (or take it out). Of course, this part of Texas is hot and humid 99.9% of the time (or so it seems) and I was dripping wet with sweat. No kidding, it was running down my face. Don't get my wrong. I am so grateful that my Dad is still here and I'm able to spend time with him. It's just that I'm getting older myself and wearing out. By the time I got home I was exhausted.

The trip to the mall was to Godiva to get a box of milk chocolates for Amy. He called a little while ago and told me that he and Amy each had a piece this afternoon. They meet each day at 3:00 for the ice cream social and I guess that's when he gave her the candy. He really enjoys having a girl friend at 88. He's so happy. It even makes him forget that his beloved Chicago White Sox aren't doing very well this year. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my little world and leave a comment. I appreciate hearing from you.

I do not receive all comments by E-mail and I'm not exactly sure why. I do try and remember to check the actual blog so I won't miss any of your comments.

I do not belong to Google+ and regret that I am unable to leave comments on Google+ blogs.

WORD VERIFICATION: I have NOT set up word verification for comments. However, every so often it appears on my blog even though I have chosen NO in the settings. Please let me know if you encounter word verification when leaving a comment so I can try and fix it. Thanks.