Warm Heart Wednesday sponsored by Ms. Jenny at Jenny Matlock..."off on my tangent."
I confess...I am the crazy neighborhood cat lady. I believe every neighborhood has one and I fulfill that duty here. My cats are all rescues. At times they drive me crazy, but most of the time they warm my heart.
However, if anything every happens to us please tell the police it was the cats.
I woke up around 7 in the morning and immediately smelled natural gas. I turned on the lights which I've since learned is exactly what you shouldn't do. I went downstairs and could hear a swooshing sound as I approached the kitchen. Yes, it was coming from the stove top. The one burner was partially turned on and gas was escaping. I quickly turned it off and started opening doors and windows.
I knew it hadn't been left on. We hadn't even used the stove top the day before. I woke up at 4 that morning and didn't smell natural gas then. So, I know it was turned on sometime between 4 and 7. You do have to push the knob down and turn it at the same time to light the burner. It's not hard to do though. One of the cats must have walked across the knob and their foot pushed it at the same time.
We now keep a casserole dish over the knobs.
So, if you have cats (and cook with natural gas) be careful.
I've watched enough Investigation Discovery to know that the cats were trying to kill us for the insurance money.
Now head over to Jenny Matlock..."off on my tangent" for a list of this week's participants.