Thursday, November 05, 2015

"Y" as in YEA!!! for Alphabe-Thursday

"Y" as in YEA for this week's Alphabe-Thursday!


Why YEA?

Because I'm jumping up and down and saying, "YEA!"
Some of you already know that my son had a stem cell transplant almost three years ago.

He's been cancer free ever since, but this past summer his PET scan lit up.  That can be an indication that the cancer has returned.  He ended up having a needle biopsy that was negative, but they said the needle doesn't get much and could have missed it.  So, he had a surgical biopsy and that also came back negative.  Still, it could have meant they didn't get enough.  Then he had a spinal tap that was also negative.  So, we were down to waiting until the next PET scan to see if the spot got larger.  It didn't.  If it was the Lymphoma returning it would have gotten larger.  There's just a small spot now.

Other things can cause the scan to light up, but once there's been cancer it's a big worry.  Needless to say, we're very relieved.  He had been told that reaching three years cancer free would be very good.   I guess kind of a landmark.   On December 21st it will be three years.

After a stress filled summer we're saying YEA!

Now head over to Jenny's blog...Jenny Matlock..."off on my tangent" for a list of this week's participants.

Thanks for visiting...

9 comments:

  1. YEA !!!
    I'll say a yea for your son also !! That is good news for sure.
    My PET scan is for cardiological purposes. During my last one my BP and heart rate dropped way down with numbers in the 30's.
    Has that ever happened to your son?
    Stay dry, I think this weekend's storm will north. The bikers are in Galveston, filling it up. We have moved down from Montgomery to Katy, a few blocks from our daughter and granddaughter and SIL. Still have some unpacked boxes.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:44 AM

    what a yeah or yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAH !!! YEAH !!! YEAH !!! YEAH !!!
    Good news for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YEAH indeed. That's excellent news...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea! is right ~ so glad he is doing well ~ Great news and great post for Y ~ xox to you all

    Happy Weekend to you,
    artmusedog and carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish you all the best for the future !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great news! Wishing you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praise God for his years as cancer free. I have prayed and will continue to pray for your precious son Reid. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my little world and leave a comment. I appreciate hearing from you.

I do not receive all comments by E-mail and I'm not exactly sure why. I do try and remember to check the actual blog so I won't miss any of your comments.

I do not belong to Google+ and regret that I am unable to leave comments on Google+ blogs.

WORD VERIFICATION: I have NOT set up word verification for comments. However, every so often it appears on my blog even though I have chosen NO in the settings. Please let me know if you encounter word verification when leaving a comment so I can try and fix it. Thanks.