Wednesday, September 02, 2015

"P" as in PAPER art for Alphabe-Thursday

After a bit of an absence I'm jumping in again for Ms. Jenny's Alphabe-Thursday.

This week we are studying the letter "P" as in PAPER art.

Take a look at this guy!   He's made out of paper.  This is Okoa The Wave Rider.  We stumbled upon him while down at MD Anderson Cancer Center for one of Reid's appointments recently.
I'm sorry that the picture of the sign isn't very clear.  He was an art project by the patients, families and staff at MD Anderson's Cancer Center.  The project was made possible by the Arts In Medicine Program.  The sign tells the story behind Okoa, but all of these pictures were taken with our cell phones and I know the writing isn't very clear.
However, you can read the entire story behind Okoa The Wave Rider here.

Now please head over to Jenny Matlock..."off on my tangent" for a list of this week's participants.  Thanks Jenny for sponsoring this event.



12 comments:

  1. Hard to believe it is made of paper...gorgeous fellow!..:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, that is amazing! I watched the video -- what a fabulous work of art! It's really wonderful that the patients and their families were invited to join in :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! amazing the creativity in that paper art ~ great post for P ~ hugs to your 'Ginnydolls' ~ thanks for visiting

    artmusedog and carol
    Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a gorgeous thing, hard to believe it's made of paper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kind of like those gum wrappers that we used to make chains out of.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's an amazing artwork !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:15 AM

    Incredible, and this must have been a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The dragon is gorgeous. The patients must've had a wonderful time creating him.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! That must have taken hours and hours to create!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okoa is amazing! How nice that the hospital has creative art such as this for the patients and their families. Thanks for sharing.
    All the best for Reid's recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! SO colorful and very creative!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my little world and leave a comment. I appreciate hearing from you.

I do not receive all comments by E-mail and I'm not exactly sure why. I do try and remember to check the actual blog so I won't miss any of your comments.

I do not belong to Google+ and regret that I am unable to leave comments on Google+ blogs.

WORD VERIFICATION: I have NOT set up word verification for comments. However, every so often it appears on my blog even though I have chosen NO in the settings. Please let me know if you encounter word verification when leaving a comment so I can try and fix it. Thanks.