Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Dear Boston...

Today I thought of you and decided it was time to take my flag down.
At times I've been envious.  However, enough is enough!  As pretty as it is in New England I do not think I'd fair well with that much snow.  So, out of respect for you I've taken my flag down.

Christmas is officially over.  Reid helped me tie up the tree and today we took it over to the storage unit.  It had been sitting in the dining room corner undecorated for a while.
Spring comes early along the Texas Gulf Coast.  I noticed yesterday that the tree in the backyard was budding.
I haven't even needed a light jacket the past few days.  I took a walk around the neighborhood and the weather was perfect.  Perfect doesn't last long here.  We basically have two seasons...a little winter and a lot of summer.  Summer can be miserable.  My days of walking outside are limited because of heat and humidity.  Soon I'll be driven inside to walk at the mall.

 I think I spend as much time inside as they do in Boston, but we just do it at a different time of the year.



4 comments:

  1. Oh Betty, seeing buds on the trees would be wonderful! Right now I cannot see the ground...I am officially sick of snow...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that analogy - that is kind of what it is like here - but not quite so bad. We do have the seasons - but summer is our hardest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my younger years, I think I would have loved the snow. Not so much now... although our summers ARE torture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Betty!

    I like the snow we get here-it will snow one day and the sunshine comes out the next day and melts most of it!
    Glad Ried is there to help you with putting the tree away. Yor new storage space sounds handy.I have a basement but it is finished and our storage space is small.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my little world and leave a comment. I appreciate hearing from you.

I do not receive all comments by E-mail and I'm not exactly sure why. I do try and remember to check the actual blog so I won't miss any of your comments.

I do not belong to Google+ and regret that I am unable to leave comments on Google+ blogs.

WORD VERIFICATION: I have NOT set up word verification for comments. However, every so often it appears on my blog even though I have chosen NO in the settings. Please let me know if you encounter word verification when leaving a comment so I can try and fix it. Thanks.