Wednesday, April 24, 2013

It's still hard to believe...


It was a year ago today that we lost Jim.








I think we're just now coming to terms with it all.  Jim died suddenly and we then had to immediately focus our attention on getting Reid well.  It's only now that things are starting to settle down a little and we have time to reflect.  Things are semi-normal now...I think.  I'm not even sure what normal is any more.

So, today we try and remember the good times.

He was so proud of his sons.











I have so many great pictures, but unfortunately they're all slides.  I do have a slide scanner, but I've never quite gotten the hang of it.  A couple of the above pictures were slides that Troy scanned for Jim's funeral.  I really need to get more scanned so we can look back and remember.

One of our favorite places in Texas is Brazos Bend State Park.  Over the years we went for many hikes at Brazos Bend and saw lots of alligators!  A couple of weeks before Jim died we went to Brazos Bend and had a little picnic.  Neither Jim or Reid felt up to hiking that day, but we still had a good time.





It was a restful day.



We did take a quick look at some alligators.


I'm glad that one of our last outings was to a place we really enjoyed.

Today is a day of reflection.  I'm thankful for the years we shared together.  He was such a good man.  I thought he would always be here, but I was wrong.










4 comments:

  1. Thinking of you, as always. Anniversaries are always hard and the first one, especially so. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that we somehow muster the strength to do what we have to do, but I'm pretty sure you had to muster more than most. I don't know how you did it. You still have my utmost admiration.

    Blessings, thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Has it been a year???? Wow, time is such a mystery. I know with David's death, it sometimes feels like years and other times weeks and in reality it will be 7 months on the 5th of May. The anniversary dates of everything seem to make so sad.

    You've been a great source of inspiration to me as you've valiantly gone through so much over the past couple of years.

    I love your sweet pictures!!! Such a handsome and proud looking daddy!

    You need to learn how to use your scanner and get those slides into pictures you can see more often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved reminiscing with you. Such good memories - and such a great place to go - so glad that you have that Betty. Has it been one year already - gosh that is so hard to believe. Hugs today for you. sandie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my little world and leave a comment. I appreciate hearing from you.

I do not receive all comments by E-mail and I'm not exactly sure why. I do try and remember to check the actual blog so I won't miss any of your comments.

I do not belong to Google+ and regret that I am unable to leave comments on Google+ blogs.

WORD VERIFICATION: I have NOT set up word verification for comments. However, every so often it appears on my blog even though I have chosen NO in the settings. Please let me know if you encounter word verification when leaving a comment so I can try and fix it. Thanks.